Westchester County Condominium, Co-Ops and HOAs Lawyers
Governing boards of condominium associations, co-op associations and homeowners associations (HOAs) have important responsibilities toward the tenants and owners they serve.
At Ginsburg & Redmond, P.C., we provide sound representation and counsel based on decades of experience and knowledge of the laws applicable to the governance of such associations. We represent the boards of condominiums, co-ops and HOAs in fulfilling all of their required duties and in drafting bylaws, enforcing deed restrictions and implementing policies that are legally tenable.
Our attorneys have drafted and reviewed more than 60 condominium, cooperative and HOA offering plans and associated documents and are well versed in representing and advising governing boards in their operations under those documents and in advising as to the adoption of policies and procedures to better suit the needs and issues that face such associations.
One of our attorneys, Stephen Gaines, is a former assistant attorney general for the state of New York and former deputy bureau chief of the New York Department of Law’s Real Estate Financing Bureau, the agency charged with the promulgation of regulations governing the creation of condominiums, cooperative and homeowners associations and often involved with the resolution of disputes involving those associations.
Legal Advice and Representation for Condo Associations, Co-Ops and HOAs
Often, board decisions are challenged by residents, adjacent property owners and government entities. We help governing boards to better the operation of their associations, prevent disputes and avert litigation by:
- Serving as general counsel at board and homeowner meetings and advising on board decisions
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and other agreements
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on the implementation of policies, rules and regulations under an association’s bylaws, governing documents and applicable laws
- Evaluating and drafting amendments to offering plans and other documents
- Collection of common-charge arrearages, fees, fines and other debts
- Reviewing and negotiating agreements with contractors for maintenance and capital improvements
- Evaluating, reviewing and negotiating loans for maintenance, improvements and other needs
- Resolution of builder disputes and representation at hearings before the attorney general’s office
- Representation in lien enforcement and other proceedings against owners/tenants
Whenever it is feasible and prudent, we recommend that our clients negotiate to resolve their disputes. Our attorneys are experienced litigators who are effective in negotiations. Because of this, we can help your organization to resolve an issue while minimizing expenses and retaining more control than if the matter was to progress to a hearing or courtroom decision.
If an issue is not resolvable, however, we pursue litigation strenuously so that our clients’ needs are met.
Westchester County-Based Condominium, Cooperative and Homeowners Association Attorneys
For more information about Ginsburg & Redmond, P.C., contact us online or call our office in Hawthorne, New York, at 914-984-5463.